Senior International Sales Manager Textile Industry
Our client is a leading international supplier of medium to high end home furnishing fabrics. Our client supplies home furnishing fabrics (extensive collections of colours and designs) to numerous wholesalers and importers in over 85 countries around the world. Their fabrics are all developed by an in-house design studio and are produced by various manufacturers (mills) based in Asia and Europe. Our client has the global control over the exclusivity and quality of the products. All fabrics are vigorously tested in house to the most stringent ISO and furnishing fabric standards.
Since its inception,our client has built up a team of skilled and dedicated employees who understand customers’ requirements and are eager to serve them.
We are now looking for a Senior International Sales Manager (M/F) with proven track record of success in the Upholstery industry in an international environment able to build up the Business Unit Industry of our client. A hands-on no-nonsense entrepreneur with a high rate of achievement and an appetite for new challenges.
Excellent knowledge of languages is a must. Fluent English complemented by at least 2 other languages. Prepared to travel at least 150 nights per year and able to work most of the time remotely.
Reports to : Sales Director
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Entrepreneurial able to build up a new Business Unit 'Industry' within the group
- Able to develop the Business Unit Industry strategically with the support of the clients perfect marketing support, product mix, price mix and process mix
- Perfect Sales and after-sales skills, able to serve as first-line contact vs. customers for commercial, operational & technical issues;
- Ability to prospect new business leads, establish and maitain excellent customer relationships, identify and resolve customers concerns;
- Responsable for sales budgetting, sales reporting (feedback) and sales performance against targets.
- Ability to represent the company at trade shows & events.
- Able to work independantly as an entrepreneur, responsable for own travel planning and budgetting
- Follow up and market research of competitors products
- Commercial or economical degree (Bachelor/Master) or equivalent by experience;
- Operational skills: minimum 5 years of sales experience vis-à-vis upholstery industry (furniture & bedding)
- Excellent knowledge of languages is a must. Fluent English completed by at least 2 other languages
- Prepared to travel at least 150 nights per year
- Excellent communication skills
- Geographic scope: Germany, Benelux, Scandinavia, Poland, UK, Baltics, Italy
- Managerial skills: proven day-to-day management of team of sales managers and/or agents in the concerned regions
- Excellent customer orientation skills
- On its own initiative, makes appropriate proposals and active consultation with the client;
- Has a thorough knowledge of the customers needs;
- Actively strives to increase customer satisfaction and quality;
- Strong negotiator and commercially talented in a B2B environment
- Maintains the relationship with the customer and works on potential relationships.
- Continuously focused on improvement of customer satisfaction
- Good analytic and critical thinking skills able to analyze commercial activities.
- Takes into account all relevant aspects when considering and then decides quickly and decisively;
- Acts according to decisions taken and feels responsible for them.
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Acting in the best interest of the organization;
- Contributes to the goals and values of the organization;
- Stands explicitly behind decisions and defends those decisions, where necessary, within and outside the organization;
- Is willing to double his/her efforts for the organization;
- Places the organization's interests first.
- Effectively plan and organize own work;
- Sets goals and priorities in its work;
- Sticks to the agreements made.
- Is actively engaged in the future and the continuity of the organization;
- Is looking for opportunities and takes initiative within his/her field;
- Dares to take action to improve existing solutions and to address risks;
- Good leadership skills, able to build up the organization of the Business Unit
- Focus on results
- Committed to achieve goals;
- Is persistent and goal oriented.
Our client offers you a challenging function within a strong growing international group. An open culture, where there will be opportunities for your own input and initiatives, an atmosphere rich in entrepreneurial spirit. Besides that, our client offers you a competitive salary and diverse fringe benefits.
Headquartered from the Antwerp office.
Would you be interested in this position, or would you like to have more information, then please do not hesitate to contact us back by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Danielle@expertsatbusiness.be